Baby Steps Toward the Real World

As the second year of my college experience is coming to a close, I can't stop thinking about it how it already been 2 years since I walked across that high school stage to accept my diploma. So much has changed since then and I can honestly say I am proud of who I am today. While so much has changed though I am glad one thing has been constant in my life for the last 8 years, my friendship with my amazing best friend Abbey Leach. We've been there for each other through so much that I know our friendship will be one that will last forever.

It has been within the last several months though that we have both been realizing the changes that go along with growing up and getting closer to stepping into the real world. Right now we go to schools 2 hours from each other (She goes to school in Kansas City) which makes it easy to still stay close because of how easy it is for one of us to drive to visit for the weekend. We both know thats starting to change though. For the first time in 8 years I won't be spending pretty much my entire summer goofing off with my best friend. She will be living and working in Kansas City while I will be in St. Louis very busy with my River City Rascals internship. I am beyond excited for the opportunity I am being given for this summer, but I can't shake the feeling of nostalgia. Words can't even describe the horrible feeling that goes with watching a friendship change so much. Growing up comes with so many great experiences, but know one ever tells you what its like to watch your best friend walk down a path on the left as you're walking down one on the right. So, heres to the hopes we will be those old ladies that can one day tell people we've been friends for over 50 years. 

Too add to all the memories brought up by writing this story I'll end with this little throwback and a very big thank you to puberty. We've come a long way since those unfortunate middle school years. 

No comments