The Dog Days

As I sit down to write this week's blog post I feel as though I should go for the normal route and reflect on these past couple weeks of class. While I sure would have a lot to say about that because this class has definitely been interesting, that's not what I have on my mind at the moment.

Today was one of the best days I have had in a while! I had the pleasure of spending most of my day with some of the most adorable puppies and dogs. There was a slight bitter sweet feeling about the day though, because these were dogs praying to find a permanent home today. I just wanted snag them all up and take them home with me. While I couldn't do that, I at least got the opportunity to snag some pictures to remember their cute faces forever.

Here is a sneak preview of some of the cuties I met today. In my post later this week I will tell more about these dogs and some of the amazing people who dedicate their lives to helping these animals.




Looking at all the sweet pups, I couldn't imagine anyone mistreating any of them. This is an animal that just wants someone to love, and for someone to love them back, it's as simple as that. As someone who has grown up with dogs my entire life, I can't even imagine giving them anything less than the love and care they deserve.

Every day I feel lucky to have my dog in my life. My 5 year old German Shepherd, Callye is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Some days she is the only one who can cheer me up. I am beyond grateful that she ended up with me, and not in some place where she was abused or neglected.

I guess the moral of my kind of rant is that not all dogs are as lucky as others, and we should all do our best to change that.

Lastly, before I end this post I have to share one more experience from my day. I told myself today I would not get caught up in wanting a puppy of my own, but of course I failed. I mean come on who can resist puppies?! Anyways, I currently have my fingers crossed because I might be adopting my very own puppy! I had my eye on one special guy the whole time I was at the event. I let myself leave without him, and I regretted it since the moment I walked out that door today. I have since emailed my contact from the rescue center to see if he was still available. I am now just hoping and praying when she responds it will be good news!


No comments